Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Consumer's blog: In the beginning....there was a buyer....

Are you tired of spending your hard earned money only to be treated like dirt by companies that take your money? I am and that is why I created A Consumer’s Blog. Here is a place to vent, share your experiences, and maybe even get a little help  with that company or store that treated you badly.
Life is short, but that doesn't mean you have to take things lying down, or be a door mat to a company or store that treats you as if you should. I know. I have spent a great deal of money over my life time. I have shopped with some companies since as far back as 1986. Do they value my business? No. Do they thank me for my business? No. In these hard economic times, you'd think that companies would value the customers that spent a lot of money with them, but no they don't. You'd think that in these hard times, companies would value the fact that you still shop with them, but they don't.
Here is the place to tell your story about the company that did you wrong. Here is the place to tell it like it is. Go ahead. Say it all. Tell the world how ABC company took your money and then didn't deliver, or when they did, it was late, damaged or the wrong item and when you called to complain the company didn't care. Here is the place to find out what you can do to get an apology or your money back. Share your experiences and tell it like it is. No holds barred. All I ask is that no profanity be used here. Other than that, let us hear what happened to you. Tell us how you fixed the problem or what you'd like to fix. Maybe someone here can help. Tell us where you told that company to go.
We the consumers have had enough. The big banks and companies were bailed out by the U.S. government by our tax dollars without even asking us how we felt about it. How did you feel about it? Do you think it was the right thing to do? Are you one of the homeowners that was foreclosed upon by one of the banks that we the taxpayers bailed out? Let us hear your tale.
A Consumer's Blog is written by a consumer, not a company, for you my fellow consumers. Come. Write. Tell your tale. Tell it from the heart. Just tell it like it was...
To begin with and get the ball started rolling, I'll tell you about some of the experiences I've had as late, which yielded me to conceive this blog.
Umn....which bad experience should I start with? there have been so many this year alone. What would you like to hear about? Let's start with an annoying trend in 2012 with magazine subscriptions....
There was a magazine I purchased three years ago that I really enjoyed reading. It was interesting, informative and educational about computers. I know next to nothing about computers, so this magazine helped out a lot. The magazine was called Smart Computing. I had initially subscribed for three years and enjoyed the the subscription immensely. In 2010, when it was time to renew, I did so without hesitation. Come mid 2011, the magazine issues seemed to be thinner. With so many other things going on in life on a daily basis, I really didn't catch it at first. I merely thought it was a one-time occurrence. Then, next month was the same and the same afterward, etc.. I also noticed the disappearance of columns I enjoyed reading. Finally,  I noticed this alarming trend and contacted the editor in Jan 2012. Initially, he seemed concerned and helpful. Then, when I told him what was wrong and what was missing and that I wasn't satisfied: I mean, hey, I paid for a subscription to a magazine with nearly 100 pages, which was now about 75. What gives here? He responsed, curtly, with would you like a refund and that other subscribers liked the new format. Wow! I was astonished by the reply. Of course, I wanted a refund, but gee, I told him, I thought that in these hard times, you'd want to keep the subscribers you have instead of alienating them. Well...needless to say, that wasn't the case. The editor was a real snot and I told him so. I also told him about Karma. I never did hear back from him, but I did get a refund for ONLY the remaining issues. I hope the magazine goes out of business.KAPUT!  A shame since it had been a worthwhile magazine to me, then it wasn't.
Now, that is just a start...feel free to share your experience, long or short, it doesn't matter. As long as it matters to you, we want to hear it. I'll share more of my experience, new or old as we move onward.
Until next time.....best wishes...may all your shopping experiences be good ones, but if they're not, we want to hear them here and what you did or didn't do to try and make it right. And if you had a memorable shopping experience, a good one, that is okay to. Please share and let us  try and make it a better world one shopper and one dollar at a time. Thanks for stopping by!
My best,
SS

1 comment:

  1. Great post and blog! I wish I thought of this one. So true. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete